The Best carnivals of the world.
If your life lacks bright colors, good mood ended with the onset of winter, and the Christmas holidays are hardly inspiring – you direct road to the carnival. Because no mass spectacle was nothing compared to the colorful carnival, and as such rollicking fun with any other holiday is not exactly known.
Carnivals trace their history back to ancient times, although their heyday was in the Renaissance. Later the Europeans, who settled around the world, brought carnival to almost all the continents of the planet, and the locals gladly adopted this custom. In almost every country is some kind of carnival (and sometimes more than one). But the main carnivals in the world – six.
1. One of the most famous circuses in the world – Brazilian carnival held in Rio de Janeiro. The carnival in Rio – it is a beautiful performance with the same performances of various Samba schools, magical costumes and rousing music. Officially Brazilian carnival lasts for four days (this year it will be held from 21 to 24 February), but unofficially it CR will andout more than a week.
2. The most famous carnival-masquerade – the carnival of Venice. Since Venice is a city-Museum, the carnival returns of its members on several centuries ago. Every year the carnival opens oldest Venetian holiday – Festa delle Marie. St. Mark’s square are showcased Comedy dell’arte, and after the symbolic burning of effigies start dancing. Those who want to visit Venice carnival, you need to be in the city of bridges and canals 13 -24 February.
3. Carnival in Goa came to Indian land, together with the Portuguese. The Central figure of the Goan carnival is king MW – far Goan “descendant” the pagan God of Momus, the patron Saint of fun and humor. IOM declares the main slogan of the carnival – “Eat, drink and be merry” that with enthusiasm for three to four days done by all the participants and guests of the festival. If skiing you prefer the sea and sand, be aware that this year the Goan carnival will be held from 23 to 27 February.
4. But in New Orleans, the carnival grew out of the French, who is in Paris called it Mardi Gras (“Fat Tuesday”). Carnival in New Orleans is one of the largest carnivals in the world: there are colorful parades with participation of jazz bands and entertainers on carts, which are thrown into the crowd, beads, coins and toys. The most piquant part of the festival – carnival in the French quarter. Here, the carnival turns into a Paradise for voyeurs: traditionally, girls naked in exchange for plastic beads or coconut – the main trophy of the carnival. The current carnival in New Orleans will be held from 6 January to 24 February.
5. The carnival was held in Cologne since time immemorial. Once exuberant celebrations before lent continued the pagan tradition of winter, but because even now the inhabitants of Cologne is called a carnival in the fifth season. During the Cologne carnival, which this year will run from 19 to 25 February, take the reins into their own hands mummers. All the people walking on the streets or sitting in taverns, “podogrevali” the famous German beer.
6. Nice carnival also boasts a long history, strong traditions and a huge number of guests. Its main part is a real medieval view with the King and Queen, costumes, armor, riders on horses, wolves and birds of prey. And yet, throughout the carnival through the streets of nice floral travel tuples, of which the most beautiful girls and boys of the côte d’azur thrown into a crowd of spectators branches of Mimosa, bouquets of roses, lilies and carnations. This year the carnival in nice will take place from 13 February to 1 March.