In Thailand is the huge number of holidays is a tradition that everything here carefully observe and honor. Also festivals: some very fun and colorful, other – formal and majestic. But, whatever the festival, or holiday, in any case, having been on it, you get a lot of positive, memorable experiences. Will tell you about some holidays and festivals.
National holiday Makha Puja Thais celebrate when there’s a full moon in the third lunar month. Usually this holiday is celebrated in late February or early March. This holiday is connected with the events in Buddha’s life – in that day 1250 followers of the Buddha, not saying a word, came to him from different parts of the country to hear him preach. This day considers public holiday throughout the country. Thais should be sure to make this day any honest work. And after sunset, Thai people come to churches with candles and flowers to honor the memory of the Buddha and his followers.
Very popular fishing in Phuket – addictive and amazing pastime, when hundreds of anglers competing for the biggest caught the trophy.
Festival of flowers. Every year during the second week of February from Friday to Sunday in Thailand is a festival of colors. Continue reading
In honor of the official animal of Alaska in a small town there is a strange festival. In the framework of a large number of moose dung runs on a balloon in the air, and then is discharged downward. I’m not sure I understand the rules of this competition, but in case of contact with droppings in a sign on earth the winner receives a prize of $ 1,000. In addition, during unusual events, live music, sport contests and works fair where you can buy jewelry made from natural, environmentally friendly moose droppings. Just romance!
Boring – mud festival (South Korea)
Every summer in the South Korean city of Boring (Boryeong) is an unusual festival. Its history is very young, first time this event happened in 1998, and in 2006 to participate and look at mud fights has arrived one and a half million people. Specially near the town dug the dirt, brought in specially prepared place, the so-called “Mud Experience Land” where any participant of the festival can heartily to stick dirt on your neighbor
The Moors against the Christians (Spain)
In the mountain town Alcoy in Spain for three days – 22, 23 and 24 April festival occurs continuously-reconstruction of the famous Continue reading
The weekend will long reverberate in the memory of the people echoes of summer music festivals, because these days have pleased fans of music events such as the annual festival “Lollapalooza” in Grant Park, Chicago, Grand musical festival in Beijing, outdoor rock festivals in Germany and South Korea.
In this issue, selected photos of the most interesting moments with the various music festivals.
1. Close to the Beijing music festival. The Grand event took place on the outskirts of the capital near the great wall of China.
2. 3rd day of the Korean festival of rock music “Pentaport”, Incheon.
3. Day 2 Korean rock festival, on stage Jonathan Davis – vocalist of the American band “Korn”.
4. Festival in Chicago, Cynthia Flows in anticipation of the performances of reggae singer Damian Marley and American rapper Nas.
5. Music lovers before the show Damian Marley and legends of the hip-hop rapper Nas.
6. Music festival in Chicago, on stage, the rapper Thomas Callaway known as Cee Lo Green.
7. 17th festival “Woodstock”, Poland, rock fans at the main stage.
8. Open festival “Wacken Open Air 2011”, Germany, Continue reading